Twas the night before Christmas and 4 blokes and some cameras went to the river for a shootout. One of the guys was Philip Bloom and what they did, was a very nice comparison on the new breed of large sensor cameras. I was delighted to see, that Philip used my G-LOG A picture profile on the FS100.
As you all know, the G-LOG profiles are made for grading, instead to use them out of the box.
I´m working on a workflow in the moment, that includes a G-LTU, to get the bet out of the profiles.
I wanted to know, how close I can match the C300 LOG-C material and FS100 G-LOG material.
So I tried my prototype workflow on the material that Philip shot.
Keep in mind, that the pictures where heavily compressed in camera, than a second time for output from the timeline.
I downloaded the mp4 file from Vimeo, imported it into Premiere, and than exported the frames as JPEG.
Those JPEGs are imported here, and I don´t know if WordPress does some more “magic” to them.
So take those pics with a grain of salt, but I think you get the idea.
Doubleclick on the images, to see them in full glory.
This is the shot, out of the C300 – untouched
This is the uncorrected frame of the FS100
And this is the same frame, after I applied my workflow.
Please don´t start asking me what I did.
It´s still work in progress. I let you all know when I´m ready.
But in the moment it´s too early.
Make sure you read Philip`s great Christmas Shootout article: http://philipbloom.net/2011/12/28/christmas-shootout/